E-commerce is the online sale of goods or services through websites or Apps. These electronic commercial transactions are carried out through the internet using different devices (laptops, smartphones, tablets) but mainly smartphones. E-commerce is moving more and more towards m-commerce.
The majority of traders or future entrepreneurs plan to start or expand their business online. It is a fast growing sector. E-commerce has completely changed the situation compared to traditional commerce, without cannibalizing the the regular way. On the contrary, we are now talking about an increasingly connected business where the synergy effects between the two are numerous. Many brands are tempting to build an online presence to help them grow their community.
E-commerce in Tunisia (Important Statistics):
INTERNET USERS have bought online IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS
e-commerce transactions are carried out in Tunis, Sfax, Sousse and Gabes respectively
E-commerce Advantages :
- Find the best product
- Facilitate the purchase
- Open 24 hours a day
- Hit a larger target
- Expand geographic zone
- Add a new distribution channel
- Show products in a catchy way
- Collect various data on customers
- Better develop customer relationship
- Take advantage of Internet-related technologies
- Reduce the fixed costs (and therefore improve the margin)
Time saving at lower prices and multiple choices with more information for consumers and lower risk, more technological advantages and visibility for sellers.
How to become an online seller ?
To become one, it is important to know the e-commerce trends.
- M-commerce is ubiquitous today: Your store should be optimized for mobile as most customers will buy through their phone.
- Personalization of the product sheet: unlike the regular shops consumers can’t taste, touch the products so they will require more details, catchy images … You must leave many informations to your potential customers!
- Data analysis: merchants will be able to target and perfectly adapt their product to their audience. The advertisements will be ultra precise. It’s important you put your products in the spotlight at the right time.
- In e-commerce, it is important to position yourself in a niche: specialize in an area that you master and which is likely to attract a sufficiently large number of e-consumers.
Now it is finally a matter of knowing how to promote your site and its offer in order to make good sales (E-commerce requires skills or at least knowledge).
- Traffic acquisition (It is often the most visible who succeed and not necessarily those who have the best offer): In acquiring qualified traffic, one of the main levers is natural referencing by creating unique content, building a presence on social media networks and on marketplaces, creating an up-to-date sitemap, pages that display quickly.
- Visual identity and user experience (A well-thought-out design will highlight your product, your identity and meet the browsing habits of your visitors): Product sheets are crucial, the description and photos must be as qualitative and detailed as possible.
The order tunnel must be as simple as possible (balance between necessary information, number of clicks, readability and speed)
- Analytics (To measure the effectiveness of your pages and content of your online store): Statistics allow you to analyze what is working and what is not working well in order to constantly adapt your online store, thus optimizing the profitability of your site.